Tuesday, January 24, 2012

memory lane media!

Ok so i was doing my reading assignment for this class and after i finished reading about educational media i remembered two of my favorite shows. I can seriously still remember main things about the magic school bus and reading rainbow (don't ask why those came to mind). I seriously LOVED magic school bus, and i still do. i went to youtube and watched the video clip of the intro theme song and memory lane came back! i found myself remembering some of the specific episodes and characters. it was FABULOUS! i wish that educational television like this was still aired. i learned so much about the body, adventure, and imaginative play from these episodes.


Ok with reading rainbow i sang the whole theme song to my roommate before i even opened it on youtube. haha and she laughed later cause she said, "wow that was a really accurate rendition of that song." hahah its interesting how much we remember from media, even when we were children. i think i still love books now, and who know maybe some of that started with reading rainbow.


also and i guess over all my second/third media use in this case would be my text book. it was a memory medium for me. helping me to recall and apply what information was being transmitted via text. yay for book and learning. (even if it consumes all my time haha)


3 comments:

  1. I may or may not remember every single word to the reading rainbow song!!! I LOVED that show and I loved the little scholastic book catalogs our class would get afterward for ordering children's book. Awesome program for kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Magic School Bus too! I always was a huge Wishbone fan as a kid. I still find books that I know the main plot line, not because I read it, but because it was on Wishbone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Frizzle! haha too funny. The haunted house, the friction for the bus in the book, the baseball game, and going in Arnold's belly!.. wasn't it arnold?? I love it!

    ReplyDelete